Hi friends! I’ve been meaning to write this blog for a while now but have been running behind. Firstly, thank you to Simplygailg for extending this award to me. I am truly honored and grateful. Be sure to check out her blog for fashion and lifestyle tips!
Below are the rules:
- Select some other blogs you want to give the award to
- You cannot nominate yourself or the person who nominated you
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give a piece of advice or two to new bloggers
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Attach the award to the post. (right-click and save then upload)
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide a link to the award post you created.
How Lipstick and the Word was created:
I saw a lot of crappy behavior going on in the dating world and I had a burning desire to do something about it. I had been through some disappointing relationships and had heard even more disappointing stories from friends. I am a naturally inquisitive person so I am always asking girls and guys about their dating experiences. I started hearing similar stories and observing similar patterns in the dating world. I also wanted to share my mistakes and pain with others to help them avoid the same pitfalls. I always knew I wanted to help people and I’ve always liked to write so a few years ago the two passions just merged together.
My advice to new bloggers:
- Decide what you’re passionate about and go from there
- Don’t measure the success of your blog by comparing it to others, you never know who’s reading your stuff!
- Don’t let fear or intimidation of the blogging world stop you from creating your platform. You will be surprised at how many people are interested in what you have to say!
- There is no perfect way to do a blog, just get started!
Finally, I’d like to extend this award to the following bloggers:
If you’ve previously been nominated for this award, pay it forward and nominate someone else. Thanks for reading!